“Making music enables me to experience its inner workings. It confronts me with the big questions and mysteries of life that reveal how deeply everything is interconnected.“
- I was born in Melbourne, Australia in 1968. My father comes from Israel, my mother from Ticino. At age 6, I began to play the piano. Until my high school degree I studied with Esther Erkel and won prizes at the Swiss national youth music competitions of Tonhalle and Jecklin.
- As of 1989, I continued my studies in the United States with Leon Pommers at the Mannes College of Music in New York City, where I received a bachelor of music degree along with several awards. In 1993, I continued my studies with pianist Mordecai Shehori. The intense learning process lasted 10 years.
- During my studies I came in contact with the following musicians: Claude Frank, Janos Starker, Richard Goode, Isaac Stern, Yo Yo Ma, Emmanuel Ax, Arthur Balsam, Kurt Masur, Menachem Pressler, Joseph Kalichstein and Edward Aldwell. I performed in master classes and at music festivals, such as the Banff Summer Festival in Canada and the International Music Encounters Festival in Jerusalem.
- Since 2004 I have been living in Zurich, Switzerland. I teach children and grown-ups and play concerts as a soloist and chamber musician.
- I have recorded two CDs with works by Bach, Beethoven, Schubert, Chopin and Albéniz.
- Concert highlights include:
|1997||playing in the cycle “Best from Abroad” as a soloist with the Naples Philharmonic Orchestra in Florida.|
|2000||performing with the Amar Quartet at the Zurich Institute of Technology (ETH).|
|2001||giving my New York Recital Debut in the Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall.|
|2003||playing a duo recital with cellist Eleonore Willi in the cycle Neuguet in Wädenswil.|
|2005||performing as a soloist with the Orchesterverein Zürich.|
|2007||being invited by the Konzertzirkel Egg to play a solo recital.|
|2008||playing a recital in Hütteldorf, Vienna.|
|2010||being invited to play a solo concert in the cycle Sonaare in Aarau.|
|2012||playing a recital in the Hottingersaal in Zurich.|
|2013||playing a recital in the Lyceum Club in Zurich.|
|2014||being invited to play a solo concert in the Kulturrain in Meilen.|
“You played so beautifully, with such gorgeous tone. You shaped every phrase with intelligence and sensitivity. I cannot think of enough superlatives!“